Sunday 6 March 2011, 12.30pm – 7pm
RuStyle cordially invites you and your friends to Free public event with live bands, singers and dancers, authentic Russian food, market stalls, children’s activities and street entertainment.
Following last year’s immensely successful event the 2011 Maslenitsa Festival comes to Trafalgar Square and promises to be an exciting and entertaining celebration of contemporary Russia and its rich cultural Heritage.
The main stage will feature:
- Moral Codex, legendary rock group who played in Moscow for Live 8
- Chelsea, pop group who started life on the Russian reality TV show Star Factory (Fabrika Zvyozd)
- Kvatro, the sensational operatic quartet
- Namgar, a folk group who represent the exotic Buryat and Mongolian regions of Russia
- A’Studio, who will be playing their trademark romantic-dance pop rock
- Ludmila Rumina, the decorated folk diva
- Prokhor Chaliapin, great-grandson of the great Russian opera singer Feodor Chaliapin
- Anastasia Stotskaya, one of the brightest stars on the Russian pop scene and winner of the ‘New Wave’ award
- The Ivan Kupala Band, who fuse traditional Russian folk songs with electronic sounds
- Matrekha, singer with a distinctive fusion of folk & jazz
- Sergei Lazarev, originally one half of pop group Smash and now an award-winning solo artist
- Bayan Mix, a folk-techno ensemble
- Moscow State Dance Ensemble ‘Russian Seasons’, winners of the Russian National Treasure Award
- The children’s marquee will feature a special programme of performances by the award winning Theatre Chudaki, a presentation of Maslenitsa traditions with audience participation, performances of traditional songs by children’s groups as well as competitions and games.
How to get there
Tube: Charing Cross, Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus
Train: Charing Cross
Buses: 43, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 38, 53, 77A, 88, 91, 139, 159, 176, 453
To plan your route visit: www.tfl.gov.uk/journeyplanner